About Me

My photo
Stacy's Creations Photography specializes in weddings and newborn photography in the Niagara Region and surrounding areas. Contact scphotog1@gmail.com. Website is http://www.stacyscreationsphotography.com

Monday, July 19, 2010

ROCK the Dress Marathon ~ Niagara Trash the Dress Photographer

Whether you know it as "Rocking" the dress or "Trashing" the dress, the results are generally the same. For those new to the concept, this form of photography is described as:

"...think about it -- You hunted for that dress. Maybe you pored over magazines, and scoured bridal shops. You may have endured hours of poking and prodding at a dress-maker's. You have dieted and exercised, let things out and reined things in to create that perfect look for your walk down the aisle. Now what? Pack it up for storage? Put it up on Ebay? You put your heart and soul into those yards of silk and taffeta. Don't you both deserve better?

That's where Trash My Dress comes in. Conceived as a final farewell to the dress, this is all about contrast and self-expression. You get to choose how far you go. We can create gorgeous shots that preserve every inch of beading and lace, or we can let loose and roll around in the surf, tramp through the mud -- let that dress go in a blaze of glory."

(excerpt above borrowed from http://trashmydress.ca/trash/)

Soooooo, take about 5 months of planning (hair and makeup, hair pieces, food, transportation, scouting out locations, etc etc etc) and 6 super adventurous past brides, and this is what you get:


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket




Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket




I want to thank Kalee from Frilly Bits for the STUNNING hair pieces, Meagan of Enchantment Makeup Artistry for the BEAUTIFUL hair and makeup, my assistant and second shooter Traci, friends & fellow photogs Laurie & Julie, my friends & helping hands Deanna & Michelle and especially my 6 SUPER FUN-TASTIC brides who made this past weekend one of the best ever. I'm so proud of each and every one of you and thrilled with our results!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
What a great picture!
Are you still in touch with these brides please?
I might be interested in buying the trashed wedding dress as is, no cleaning required!
This is a serious request and for a good work.
Please feel free to contact me for more info at herwyn.w@skynet.be or pass my message to the brides.
Please don't let the bride toss there dresses... we can still use it and you make other people happy with the dress.
Thank you for your help
Wendy

Stacy's Creations Photography said...

Thank you for the offer but they're not being tossed, they're being cleaned and kept :)

Nadz Sukz said...

To any bride who is researching and/or looking into the whole "trashing your dress" thing, stop reasearching and jump into it as you did when you decide to marry your one love, soulmate and now husband. Coming from a past but recent trasher/rocker I can say that it has been, by far, the best experience!! I look at my samples and think way too much about how amazing they turned out and find myself blushing as I walk anywhere and everywhere. To work with such a brilliant photographer like Stacy has been a pleasure, I am definitely going to do more work with her in the future. She has an eye and can really capture a picture that speaks to you. So whether it be with her or anyone else, stop contemplating and get er done. Too funny!! I did the same for sometime and it took a good friend to say---"just go for it", "do it"!!! So I did and now its my turn to pass the message on to fellow researchers and inquirers. Its something you "should" do and you will in no way regret it. Stop thinking about it.

Jen Rinaldi Photography said...

WOW! These are fantastic! I'm so jealous! I have been wanting to do this forever. I even have a wedding dress in a box that I'm waiting to use when I finally get the time to do a session like this. What a great location as well!!

Vivian said...

Beautiful work as alwaysd, Stacy! Man, I wish I lived closer and still fit into my wedding dress!! I'd love to do one of these sessions one day!!

Fans/Visitors

Followers

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed