About Me

My photo
Stacy's Creations Photography specializes in weddings and newborn photography in the Niagara Region and surrounding areas. Contact scphotog1@gmail.com. Website is http://www.stacyscreationsphotography.com

Friday, January 22, 2010

I Heart Faces 41 ~ Fix it Friday


I think this is the first time I'm actually finding the time to participate in one of the awesome weekly "things to do" over at I Heart Faces.
It's fix it Friday and the whole point is to learn new photo editing tricks from the contributors as they explain how they “fixed-up” the weekly special photo. The really fun part is that anyone else can then all get to play along with the Fix-It too!
The original photo came from a very special family who's story you can read here
Jeff's Caring Bridge

Here's the original image:



And here's my "fix":



The original is such a great photo in itself that I didn't want to do too much to it.
I used PS 7 and did the following:

1- used MCP darker and richer X2 to make things pop a little more
2- then I used Coffee Shop's Vintage Honey action at full opacity
3- I then used the dustclouds overlay from Patti Brown's gallery collection at 50% opacity
4- to add just a bit more light I used the rainbow flare overlay from Patti Brown's light flare collection and dragged it to the top right hand corner
5- lastly I used the abstract edge overlay from the artistic edge section of Patti's Brown's gallery collection to finish things off

Let me know what you think and be sure to check out the other "fix its" at
I Heart Faces!

0 comments:

Fans/Visitors

Followers

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed