About Me

My photo
Stacy's Creations Photography specializes in weddings and newborn photography in the Niagara Region and surrounding areas. Contact scphotog1@gmail.com. Website is http://www.stacyscreationsphotography.com

Friday, July 4, 2008

Q & A's

I've contemplated doing this before, wasn't sure about it but have finally decided to because of the overwhelming number of emails with comments and questions about my work. I will still try to find the time to answer each email I receive but here's some common questions I receive almost daily with the answers:

"How long have you been doing this?"
I've always enjoyed taking pictures but the hobby turned into a job "officially" about a year ago. I was making a little money on the side for about a year before my business was offically registered but nothing too serious. I was a manager for Sears Portrait Studio for about a year and a half before that and then worked part time at the Superstore in St. Catharines. Once my little guy got his autism diagnosis, I knew I could no longer work outside of the home with all the appointments and therapies we would be required to attend. So, the hobby slowly turned into a full time job that I now run out of my home and I wouldn't have it any other way!

"Did you go to school for photography?"
Well, unless you consider 2 weeks worth of a beginner photography class in college going to school for it, the answer is no. I didn't actually make the decision to pursue photography until just a few years ago and I found that I learned much better and easier by doing rather than by sitting in a classroom. I have done many online tutorials and grab each opportunity to learn as I'm able but no, I haven't had any real formal training/education of any kind.

"What kind of equipment do you use?"
The answer to this question changes about every 12 months or so with the way technology has been going with digital photography in the last few years. I am however a CANON girl and am currently shooting with the Canon Digital Rebel XSi 12.2 MP. My 2 favourite lenses to use with it are my 50mm 1.8 and my 70-200 L 2.8 IS.

"How many weddings do you generally shoot in a year?"
Last year I shot 13 weddings with my goal this year of shooting 15. I have stopped booking weddings for this year at 26 and next year is quickly on it's way to being in the 20's as well. With 3 children, a husband and a house to take care of, 20 something is my limit at this point!

"What programs do you use for editting?"
I generally use my oldie but goodie version of Photoshop 7 and Paintshop Pro.

"Where's your favourite place to shoot?"
In Welland, it's Merritt Island and in the Niagara Region in general it's Oake's Garden Theatre at the bottom of Clifton Hill in Niagara Falls.

"What's your favourite event/thing to shoot?"
I love weddings because it allows me to be a part of one of the biggest days of people's lives, and I feel very blessed to have a job that allows me to do that. I'm always honored to capture moments that will never be forgotten. I also love shooting newborns as again, it's another milestone in life that I'm allowed to be a part of and because I'm done with having my own children, it allows me a snuggle here and there with a fresh baby :)

"Do you do this full time or part time?"
I do this full time, I generally work 7 days a week during wedding season but next year plan I to have more structured "office hours".

"Do you ever get "sick" of doing this?"
Honestly? NOPE. I love what I do very much and look forward to each and every opportunity to shoot.


If anyone ever has questions, please don't hesitate to ask, I'm always glad to inform and help!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed the locations for your trash the dress with Jana shoot has beautiful ruins of an old building in some of them. Where is that located if you don't mind sharing.
THanks

Fans/Visitors

Followers

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed