About Me

My photo
Stacy's Creations Photography specializes in weddings and newborn photography in the Niagara Region and surrounding areas. Contact scphotog1@gmail.com. Website is http://www.stacyscreationsphotography.com

Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Birth of Lexi Lafleur ~ Niagara Birth Photographer

This past weekend was an incredible experience for me. I've decided to try my hand at birth photography and I got the call Saturday that my client was in labour. I went into a bit of a panic as it was Saturday and I was getting ready to leave to shoot my very last wedding of the 2011 season!

I went right over to Deb & Buddha's house (you may remember that they are the awesome couple whom I went with to Punta Cana to shoot their wedding this past January), and began shooting Deb labouring in the tub. The birthing tub and other accessories were rented from a local place called
The Birth Nest, which is owned by another client of mine!

Before long, I realized I had to leave for the wedding and Deb was still 6 cm dilated. I knew at that point that I would be gone for approximately 5 hours and was pretty sure I was going to miss the big moment....

Fast forward to a few minutes before I was getting ready to finish up the wedding, my cell phone rings and my daughter answers it for me...she comes up to me and tells me Deb is pushing. I knew at that point I had about a 20 minute drive to get back to where the birth was taking place and I tried my hardest not to speed!

With about 40 minutes to spare, I'm thrilled to tell you that I did make it in time and beautiful Lexi Lafleur was born in front of my eyes. I can't even explain what an amazing experience it was and one I will forever be grateful for.

Thank you so very much to Deb & Buddha for allowing me to witness one of the most special things I have ever been a part of. Debbie, you are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.


Here's some of the images I captured on this special day:












0 comments:

Fans/Visitors

Followers

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed